Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yard Work

This past week we have been spending a lot of time out in the yard expanding our garden, getting flower beds ready and cleaning up massive piles of "pokies" as the neighbor kids call the unreal amount of fallen pine needles. I love having a big yard (two acres) but it is a lot to take care of- I am very lucky to have such a sweet husband who does most of the yard work.

Porter of course loves has loved every second of being outside and even tries to help. Today I was hauling sod with the four-wheeler and he kept trying to drive for me-

Lately the neighbor kids Miss B who is almost 8 and Mr. T who is 5 come over when they see us out in the yard. Porter loves their visits and is always sad when they go. Even though they are older they do a wonderful job of playing with him-

Today they played with Porter while I was raking and hauling off pine needles. When Miss B found out I was hauling off the pine cones too she couldn't believe that I was getting rid of them then she proceeded to come up with a list of great ideas of how to use them for crafty type things- including my personal favorite a pine cone lamp lol! (She's a creative one) After that they took Porter around the yard and collected "baby pine cones" to take home- it was so cute!

Speaking of Cute here's the little guy helping out

2 comments:

Rowberry Family said...

I absolutley love those gloves on porter, so funny! Thats great that the weather has been nice enough for you guys to be able to get out and work. I love the craft ideas your neighbor is giving you, she sounds like a recycler! Hope you are having a great day!

Jensen Family said...

Is Porter availbe for hire???