Thursday, April 10, 2008

Napping Strike

I thought that babies took naps, I also thought that if you were 8 months old you were still considered a baby. However I failed to take into account that Porter might not believe such things. I am not sure what he thinks he is going to miss. . . . but he is NOT interested in naps.

If I pull the blinds and hold him in the recliner he'll sleep, ah make that doze, but the second I get up to put him in his crib those little eyes pop open! "Hey what am I missing mom?"

Yesterday I reverted to laying next to him on my bed until he fell asleep, but then of course I did to. . . . . . So much for the stuff on my to do list.

1 comment:

Rowberry Family said...

This does not sound good! After macy turned one she started doing this and I had to lay next to her on my bed also, but she soon got attatched and was familiar with the bed and smell and didnt leave our bed for good until last fall!

I loved taking naps with her in the afternoon! But, I know how you feel about not being able to get anything done, by the time your done getting them to sleep your tired yourself, especially if you have rocked them to sleep!