Thursday, June 12, 2008

Food Storage

I have a list of blogs in my google reader that I enjoy reading one of my very favorite is Be It Ever So Humble. Mrs. Mordecai has great ideas on so many homemaking related things. Her post today was on food storage- which is one of the few homemaking areas that I feel like I have a really good handle on (I should say WE my husband is a big helper).


When we got married we were fortunate to have family give us some food storage as wedding presents- in the eight years since then we have added a little here and a little there and have finally got to a point where we can work on maintaining and rotating. We are very fortunate to have a large storage room in our basement that stays nice and cool to keep stuff well preserved.


I know when we started it seemed overwhelming but speaking from experience starting was the hardest part- I truly believe with a little planning, some time, and a little faith anyone can follow the wise council to build their food storage up. That is my challenge to all my family and friends this week. Take a mental inventory of where you are with your food storage and take action- even a little step towards getting it to where you want it to be. You can do it!!!

3 comments:

Dianna said...

This is awesome! I love how it's so organized. I hope you don't mind if I share it on my post.

sockiepuppetsmom said...

I agree, so awesome! TFS!

Karla said...

Wow! It looks like you DO have a good handle on it! Good Job!