Thursday, June 12, 2008

Porter Self Feeding



Porter has decided that he needs to feed himself- If I am not really quick pulling the spoon back out he bites down and will not let go. Once he has control of the spoon he wants to dip it in the babyfood just like mom... I let him try it once and although he managed to get some in his mouth most ended up on him- the highchair- the floor- me.....

He has also decided that cheerios and other such foods are blah- he want's stuff with substance. Last night we were putting away groceries so I cut up some pizza and put it on his tray- not long later dad walked by and noticed he had no food and not knowing I had already given him some, gave him some more. When I came back a few minutes later I gave him more- We figure that he must have eaten at least a whole slice!

Another of his favorites is steamed green beans- which really surprises me because they are pretty chewy. It amazes me how well he chews them with those 8 tiny little teeth. Which, YES TESSA, we are brushing with the toothbrush you gave him!

2 comments:

Rowberry Family said...

awwh look at that little guy! He is growing up so fast! He really wants to get on to the bigger and better foods doesnt he! ;) Keep on brushing porter, It was so much easier to get macy to brush hers when she was little!

Kyle and Kat said...

Wow! He is getting big, and so is the rest of your family. I can't believe how much older your sis is. It has been too long. Let's definitely do lunch or a play date or something.