Friday, August 29, 2008

Unseen Blessings

I had an interesting experience this morning that really got me to thinking about how many times in our lives we are blessed and directed by the spirit without even realizing it.

Porter has been sick the past couple of days (yuck yuck yuck) anyways- He had just made a sick mess and of course gotten yuckiness all over himself in the process. I bathed him off and dressed him- and he seemed in a fairly good mood, yet pretty mellow so rather than haul him and an armful (both our clothes, two towels, a changing pad, and a blanket covered in yuck) to the laundry room I left him in his room to play.

I was in the laundry room less than a minute when I had the thought that I really should go check on him which was kind of strange because I'd barely left him and he wasn't crying or anything.

When I walked back towards his room I was surprised to see him in the bathroom right next to the tub- which of course I hadn't yet drained from his bath. I can't figure out what drew him to go in there- he hadn't been thrilled about the bath so I don't think he was trying to go back for more and the lights in the bathroom were off, and it was pretty dark in there (windowless)...

There wasn't much water in the tub to begin with and the laundry room is within good earshot of the bathroom so I don't know that anything would have happened, but you never know.... I truly think that the spirit whispered in my ear to check on him and maybe not so much to keep him safe as for the lesson that it taught me to appreciate all the unseen blessings in my life.

1 comment:

Rowberry Family said...

Thanks for sharing! Iam so glad that he is alright! So glad that you had that thought to go check him, sometimes I have not listened to that voice and have regreted it later!