Saturday, January 24, 2009

Grandpa's Funeral

It is hard to believe that the funeral was a week ago today.... It was such a beautiful day; clear and not to cold. The part of the day that really touched me and my family would have to have been the graveside services- The members of the American Legion who did the military tribute did an amazing job especially the three young men who fold the flag. When they presented the flag to my mother (which my grandfather had requested) we all got pretty teary eyed.

If the week before the funeral we went through pictures to put in a slide show and I found this one I had forgotten about....
It almost seems surreal that all my grandparents are gone now.....
I am so grateful to know 'the plan' and that we can be together forever.
Here are some pictures from the funeral that I swiped from my sister Chelsea's blog






This is the flower arrangement that I made for the funeral and one of the one's I made for the pallbearers. I have done some flower arranging before but it's been awhile and I was very happy/relieved with how they turned out.




4 comments:

Rowberry Family said...

wow! what a neat tribute to your grandpa and how neat for your mom to be able to receive the flag. great job on the flower arranging!

Melissa Giles said...

so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Heavenly Father was so kind to us when he created the Plan of Happiness! I know we'll be together forever!

Genessa said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa, that is so hard. It is so nice to know that we will see them again someday. The flowers turned out beautiful by the way. So many hidden talents.
The tag was great. Thanks for playing.

Marissa said...

Hey Audra-I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I think I remember meeting him once. I found your blog via Chelsea. Are you o.k. if I add you guys to my links? I'd love to keep in touch better.~Marissa