Friday, February 29, 2008

Things they never tell you about being a mom.

I am finding that there are a lot of things that they never tell you about being a mom. Like that you would cheer on your child when he finally left a present in his diaper after several days without one.... That you would drive all the way home from town with your arm streched back over the seat cutting off your circulation to hold up your child's head as he slept so he didn't get a sore neck. . .

No one told me that after I had a child I would suddenly see germs everywhere on places that used to seem clean, that Clorox wipes would become a must have in my purse- oh yeah I forgot what purse- who can carry one with a 20lb kid, and the diaper bag!

And the biggest thing no one told me is how you manage to use the restroom while you are out shopping alone with your baby . . . . Leaving him in the car is obviously not an option, nor is laying him on the bathroom floor, and I am not enough of a juggler to hold at the same time (the thought alone makes me laugh). I considered handing him to the nice looking lady in Customer Service (Hey I'm a customer I need service!) but then all these kidnapping stories came to mind. . . . At this point I am starting to think I may never attempt to leave the house alone again or at least avoid drinking anything for several hours before I do.

2 comments:

Steve-Krista-Collin-Sydney said...

Hey you!! Long time no see! All I have to say about your post is- AMEN!!!!!!!

Rowberry Family said...

NO Kidden! They need to hand us an instruction manuel as soon as we have the kid! ;)